Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Laminates ...

My reno is almost coming to an end as my carpentry will be out around next week or the week after...


It was not an easy task to plan out the carpentry works and selecting the laminates... I have a liking for wood like laminates and that makes me even tougher to select. Do note that the laminates in the catalog is simply too small piece. For this reason, I decided to go down to the laminate factory to take a look at the bigger piece, below is to share my experience:



1) EDL - they can Give you A4 size laminates samples from their office

2) Seng Lee - they can let you View the A4 size laminates samples from their office

3) LamiTAK - they actually let me go into their warehouse and view the actual BIG piece of laminate!


Actually I didn't request EDL or SENGLEE to let me view the actual big piece of laminates.. but I guess it can also be done if one request...

Conclusion: Most of the laminates looks better than the catalog! But, BEWARE, some that appears to be dark colour in the catalog turn out to be not so dark, the feel is totally OFF! Do note, this only applies to mostly wood feel laminates and not solid colours.. Cus i don't have solid colours for my carpentry so I can't comment.

Here are the laminates chosen:

Shoe cabinet:
Seng Lee: KD6381FG (BROWN PLUM BUTCHER)

2) Kitchen Cabinet
EDL: EWS9228T(S) BEIGE CINNAMON WOOD

3) Living Hall Feature wall w Tv console
LamiTAK: WY1219X (CORDA MAKASSAR)


4) WALK IN WARDROBE & DOOR
LamiTAK: WG5219D (Wild ebony)

5) Suspended writing table
EDL: EQ5540FT (FLORA REVOLUTION B)

6) Feature wall TV console & bedhead in master room
Seng Lee: SU3001W -Walnut Lyon
Picture taken from Seng Lee office


7) Master room sliding door
Seng Lee: SQ2656J (Streak Plum)
Picture taken from Seng Lee office


No comments:

Post a Comment